Friday 8 April 2016

GotG Premium Character Profile: Yondu!

Greetings Guardians!

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Week 2 is live in the Guardians of the Galaxy event and with it comes a new premium character - Yondu! He costs 475 Shards, and as well as having his questline and boosted missions, brings the following to your game...

 
Yondu is introduced by this little quest from Star-Lord...

Treasure Hunter
Star-Lord starts


Star-Lord: Yondu...
Yondu: Surprised to see me?
Star-Lord: Yeah. I mean, pleasantly surprised. Obviously. Since we're such good friends. And I've never ever double-crossed you...
Yondu: I got a new friend, Quill. And she's gonna help me take down the biggest score any of us has ever seen...

Star-Lord Go for a Stroll, 3m

Yondu: I ain't used to getting invited places...
Black Widow: Nebula says you're the best treasure hunter in the galaxy. I doubt what Fury's hiding at this campus is treasure, but I know we need to dig it up.
Yondu: One man's most prized possession is another man's treasure...
Reward: 20 Energy Crystals


A Pirate's Life for Me! (2 days)
Black Widow starts

Pepper Potts: Welcome to Avengers Academy, Yondu! When you're finished fighting the Chitauri, I'll give you a tour of our classrooms and training facilities.
Yondu: Yeah, I ain't gonna be doing none of that.
Pepper Potts: What do you plan on doing?
Yondu: Whatever I want...

Free Yondu! 475 Shards
Reward: 20 Energy Crystals 


So... what happens when you buy him?


Can You Dig It? Pt. 1

Black Widow: How are you gonna search for Fury's hidden secret?
Yondu: I'm gonna dig a bunch of holes.
Black Widow: Seriously? With a shovel?
Yondu: Have Terrans invented a better method for digging a bunch of holes?

Yondu Dig For Treasure, 3m

Black Widow: Let me guess. Digging up the lawn didn't uncover the biggest secret of a professional spy who runs the world's best espionage organization?
Yondu: Unfortunately, no. And now I am not only tuckered out, but severely disappointed...
Black Widow: Where will you look next?
Yondu: Wherever I can get a drink.
Reward: 20 Energy Crystals

Can You Dig It? Pt. 2
Yondu starts

Star-Lord: You're heading to Club Galaxy?
Yondu: Yeah, I need to quench my thirst, and reevaluate my approach to tracking down this treasure.
Star-Lord: I can help you...
Yondu: How? With your stupid dancing?
Star-Lord: Someday I'll save a whole planet with my stupid dancing. You'll see... 

Yondu Serve Yourself, 3m
Star-Lord Dance-Off! 15m

Yondu: I've decided to let you tag along on this little journey, Quill.
Star-Lord: Nice. Because of those smooth moves?
Yondu: Because I'd rather not fight all these Avengers by myself...
Reward: 20 Energy Crystals

Can You Dig It? Pt. 3
Yondu starts

Star-Lord: You aren't serious about fighting these guys, right? They have real powers. All we have is cool jackets... 
Yondu: And cooler weapons.
Star-Lord: True, but that doesn't mean it's smart to try and fight the Avengers.
Yondu: I ain't never been too smart... 

Upgrade Yondu! 20 x Chitauri Armor (Defeat Chitauri Henchman OR Defeat Chitauri Soldier), 1 x Treasure Maps (Defeat Chitauri Soldier), 9163 Energy Crystals
Yondu Stick and Move, 15m
(Star-Lord Practice Your Moves, 15m)

Yondu: I changed my mind, Quill. I no longer desire nor require your presence.
Star-Lord: What? Why? I was killing it out there!
Yondu: Yeah, you did alright. That combined with your likeable childlike dumbness made me change my mind about double-crossing you, and using you as a hostage to trade Fury for his treasure.
Star-Lord: Thanks?
Yondu: You don't gotta get all misty-eyed about it, Quill. That's what friends are for...
Reward: 20 Energy Crystals


Meet the Locals Pt. 1
Yondu starts

Yondu: You a robot?
Vision: Synthezoid.
Yondu: Doesn't ring a bell.
Vision: I'm new.
Yondu: Hold up! That voice! You're DJ Vision, ain't you?!
Vision: In the synthetic flesh.
Yondu: Man, you are the man in outer space! I didn't know you went here!
Vision: Now you know, and knowing is half the DJ battle.

Yondu Dig for Treasure, 3m
Loki Wield Sorcery, 1m
Black Widow Search for Clues, 1m

Black Widow: You any closer to finding Fury's secret?
Yondu: Not even a little bit. I'm taking some time to incorporate myself with the locals. Did you know the actual, real-life DJ Vision goes here?
Black Widow: I know everything about everyone here. The only thing I don't know about this place is what Fury is hiding...
Yondu: Then I need to be hanging out with you! Where's the party at?!
Reward: 20 Energy Crystals

Meet the Locals Pt. 2
Yondu starts

Nebula: What are you doing here, Yondu?
Yondu: You think you're the only one good enough to ride in a golden escape pod?
Nebula: I know you aren't here to learn because you've never been interested in that. You aren't here to fight because there's no money in it. What do you want?
Yondu: Maybe I just missed my sister from another system...
Nebula: You're an idiot, but you aren't as dumb as you act. I know you're planning something. Just make sure your plans don't interfere with mine.
Yondu: So much derogatory commentary, and accusations, and threats to my person... This is precisely why I like hanging with the Terrans. They give me the respect I deserve.
Nebula: They don't know you as well as I do, Yondu. I give you the exact amount of respect you deserve.

Upgrade Yondu! 10 x Treasure Maps (Defeat Chitauri Soldier), 4 x Enhanced Chitauri Armor (Defeat Chitauri Trooper OR Defeat Chitauri Champion), 11589 Energy Crystals
Yondu Order Another, 2m
Yondu Tell Stories, 15m

Yondu: You ever think it's funny that artificial intelligence tends to be the most genuine?
Iron Man: What were you talking about with J.A.R.V.I.S.?
Yondu: I told him stories about being a space pirate. He told me some stories about him. About you. Did you know he's interested in all things astronomical?
Iron Man: Why are you interested in talking to him?
Yondu: I enjoy a nice conversation, Mr. Stark. And we all enjoy a good mystery, don't we? Our friend J.A.R.V.I.S. has been a tremendous help with all of the above...
Reward: 20 Energy Crystals


The Thinking Man's Pirate Pt. 1
Yondu starts

Yondu: They tell me you're a man who can talk himself out of any situation...
Loki: I'm not a man, I'm a god. And I refuse to speak to aliens. Or blue roosters...
Yondu: We're all aliens to somebody...
Loki: You're some sort of rotten-toothed philosopher?
Yondu: I'm a pirate.
Loki: Congratulations. It's nice to see someone fully embrace a stereotype.
Yondu: Boy, you're lucky I need you or I would've already put a brand new hole in your pretty little head. Now go run and fetch me a spell for cracking Asgardian biometric locks before I change my mind...

Yondu Serve Yourself, 3m
Loki Study Arcane Lore, 3m

Yondu Order Another, 2m
Loki Study Arcane Lore, 3m

Yondu: You sure this spell will work?
Loki: You have my word.
Yondu: No word ever helped me break into a vault before...
Loki: It's not the words, Blue Rooster. It's the way you say them...
Reward: 20 Energy Crystals

The Thinking Man's Pirate Pt. 2
Yondu starts

Yondu: So all you gotta do is say the magic words, and the vault just pops open?
Loki: There are at least five vaults. All connected by chambers leading to a central vault that can only be accessed by a hidden elevator. If you can access that elevator, I can open the central vault.
Yondu: How do you know all this?
Loki: Use your grog-soaked brain, Blue Rooster. Do you honestly believe that you're the only one here who's interested in limitless power?

Upgrade Yondu! 40 x Enhanced Chitauri Armor (Defeat Chitauri Trooper OR Defeat Chitauri Champion), 8 x Chitauri Blaster (Defeat Chitauri Champion OR Defeat Chitauri Conqueror), 32680 Energy CrystalsAFTER EVENT: 66905 Credits
 
Yondu Investigate Vaults, 30m
Loki Wield Sorcery, 1m

Reward: 20 Energy Crystals


Pirate Perks Pt. 1
Yondu starts

Level up Yondu's Attack Skill to Level 3
Level up Yondu's Health Skill to Level 3

Reward: 400 Energy Crystals

Pirate Perks Pt. 2
Yondu starts

Level up Yondu's Attack Skill to Level 6
Level up Yondu's Health Skill to Level 6

Reward: 600 Energy Crystals




What do you think of the treasure hunter, Yondu? Did you buy him? Check out his action and phrase list below too if you're interested!

Kou.




YONDU'S ACTIONS

Dig for Treasure, 3m
Mark the Spot, 4h, Rewards an Energy Disruptor
Keep Partying, 4h, Club A

YONDU'S PHRASES
  

No comments:

Post a Comment