Sunday 3 April 2016

Guardians of the Galaxy! Special Event

Omigosh, it's a Guardians of the Galaxy event!

I am Groot! Looks like this is going to be a pretty cool event, running for a month until April 28th at 1PM EDT. In order to participate, you must be at Academy Level 6 and have built Van Dyne's Outfits... Note that the Mission Board is now split into Academy Missions and Special Event Missions, so you can toggle between these. Special Event Missions only take 5m to refresh after dismissal! Note that there is a separate post covering Nebula!


Cut scene of Ronan crash landing in front of Iron Man and Pepper...

Get The Guardians! Pt. 1

Ronan: Terrans, Asgardians, and other assorted abominations... I am Ronan the Accuser. Kree champion, and wielder of the Universal Weapon. I have come to--
Chitauri: Rhe...
Ronan: We have come to retrieve the energy crystals scattered around Knowhere and your primitive academy. Attempt to stop us, and you will be destroyed. Attempt to free our former classmates from their escape pods and you will be destroyed. Attempt to--
Chitauri: Rhe sloolgh julmpkhh dlek shkrok telm enklhawainn.
Ronan: This filthy, ill-mannered Chitauri is right. We should just destroy you anyway. Seeing as we came all this way...

Learn about the Alien Invasion! (Note: This will take you to the event menu) 


Wasp: My first alien invasion!
Iron Man: We need to get these energy crystals before they do, and free whoever's in the escape pods...
Wasp: How do you know?
Iron Man: Because you should always do the opposite of what the bad guy orders you to do. I mean, I never pay attention in class, but I feel like that has to be true...
Reward: 5 Energy Crystals

(Chitauri Minions will now be wandering your town...)

Get the Guardians! Pt. 2
Iron Man starts

Iron Man: We need to get as many energy crystals as we can. We can use the power to build stuff to help us fight back, and something tells me we definitely don't want Ronan to get a hold of them...
Loki: I hate aliens.
Ms Marvel: I wish Captain Marvel was here...
Captain America: I have your back, Tony.
Baron Zemo: I am enjoying this sudden influx of people.
Black Widow: I just wanna hurt these guys. Did you scan them for weaknesses?
Iron Man: They're all wearing some kind of personal force fields. I'm sure I can disrupt them, but it'll take time. Until then, none of us will be able to hurt them...
Black Widow: In the meantime, I'll find out what made a giant decapitated robot head fall from outer space, and smash my favorite tree...

Get 50 Energy Crystals from the Event Mission Board

Black Widow: Did you figure out how to disrupt their force fields?
Iron Man: Not yet. I got distracted when I heard one of the Chitauri guys yell 'meatloaf'. J.A.R.V.I.S. thinks I misheard, but I figure it might be one of those words that's the same in every language...
Black Widow: Just hurry up. I can't get any intel from them, so I'm gonna open one of the escape pods. It'll take forever to crack the lock, so I'll start with the one labeled Star-Lord. I figure he must be their leader...
Iron Man: Good call. He sounds like a really serious and powerful guy. Probably some sort of royalty...
Reward: 5 Energy Crystals

Get the Guardians! Pt. 3
Iron Man starts

Iron Man: Do you have some special spy lockpick to open the escape pod?
Black Widow: I'm just gonna karate chop it.
Iron Man: That makes you really happy doesn't it?
Black Widow: Maybe.

Free Star-Lord! 50 Energy Crystals, 3s
 
Star-Lord: Hey.
Black Widow: You're Star-Lord?
Star-Lord: You've heard of me?
Black Widow: No. But some of your classmates are trying to tear down our school, and a gigantic robot head crashed on our lawn, so we need your help.
Star-Lord: I can help you, if you help me heal up. I wouldn't worry about it though. Stuff like this happens to me all the time. I can't even remember the last day that went by without an alien trying to kill me...
Reward: 5 Energy Crystals


Get the Guardians Pt. 4
Wasp starts

Wasp: Are you okay?
Star-Lord: I'm a couple notches under okay, but Energy Crystals should heal me up...
Wasp: How does that work?
Star-Lord: Janet, I'm a Star-Lord, not a doctor...

Recruit Star Lord!
-Collect 10 Good Luck Charms (Defeat Chitauri Minion OR Defeat Chitauri Henchman)
- Collect 8 Cassettes (Nebula Ms Roboto, 6h OR Collect from the Star-Lord Cassette Deck)
- Collect 20 Blaster Ammos (Special Event Missions)
- Collect 1276 Energy Crystals


Defeat a Chitauri Henchman (Reward: 150 Energy Crystals, 150XP, 1 Chitauri Armor)

Star-Lord: Hold on, is this Earth?!
Wasp: Duh.
Star-Lord: I'm from here! I'm totally Terran!
Wasp: Me too!
Star-Lord: Let's defend our home planet!
Wasp: Let's kick some Chitauri butt!
Star-Lord: Then let's party!
Wasp: Then let's kiss!
Reward: 5 Energy Crystals


Make Space
Iron Man starts

Iron Man: I've learned a lot about these guys and their tech from all of this wreckage. I'm pretty sure I can design a suit with weapons strong enough to do some serious damage.
Pepper Potts: Is it safe?
Iron Man: Is it safe for me to fight this psycho Ronan, and his army of creepy mummy aliens? No, not really...
Pepper Potts: I meant are the weapons you're making safe. Like are you sure they won't endanger the Academy even more?
Iron Man: There's only one way to find out.
Pepper Potts: That's my least favorite thing you say. And that's saying a lot.

Unlock Intergalactic Iron Man
- 4 x Alien Brochures (Special Event Missions)
- 12 x Translators (Special Event Missions)
- 3 x Rocket Thrusters (Iron Man Design Rocket Thrusters, 4h)
- 5 x Sample Canisters (Collect from the Meteorite, 4h)
- 418 Energy Crystals


Intergalactic Iron Man Activate Space Repulsors, 15m
Defeat a Chitauri Minion

Intergalactic Iron Man: Not bad, huh?
Pepper Potts: Just be careful, Tony.
Intergalactic Iron Man: Don't worry. This armor is stronger than anything I've ever built. I can travel anywhere in the universe in this.
Pepper Potts: That's kind of what I mean. I'm not worried about you fighting the Chitauri, but I'm a little worried about you being Earth's ambassador...
Reward: 5 Energy Crystals


Enemy Disruptor (I'm guessing they meant Energy Disruptor, lol...)
Iron Man starts

Iron Man: The Chitauri are all using personal force fields.
Captain America: Why does that make you smile?
Iron Man: Because I've designed Energy Disruptors to shut them down.
Captain America: So, you're smiling because you're proud of yourself?
Iron Man: Yes. And because I'm a naturally fun, smily guy. But mostly because once the force fields are down, we can beat them back to outer space, and save the world. Tell me that doesn't make you smile...
Captain America: I like saving the world as much as the next guy...

Get an Energy Disruptor! (Special Event Missions)
Defeat a Chitauri Minion (Reward: 60 Energy Crystals, 60XP)

Captain America: Nice work, Tony! Not just the tech, but I can tell you've really been working on your fighting technique. Now it's my turn...
Iron Man: Thanks, Cap. But I have some bad news.
Captain America: No jokes, Tony. We're in the middle of a battle.
Iron Man: I am. You're on the sidelines this time. You need space-age tech and weapons to fight these guys...
Captain America: You think I'm afraid.
Iron Man: No. I think you're a lot of things, but never afraid. I just think you need to let me lead the charge for once...
Reward: 5 Energy Crystals


Star Power Pt. 1
Iron Man starts

Wasp: Awesome suit, Tony!
Intergalactic Iron Man: Thanks! I'm glad you like it.
Wasp: You could've consulted me on the design...
Intergalactic Iron Man: I would have, I just didn't have time. I need to see if I can find something in space to help us battle all these aliens...
Wasp: You're going to outer space?!
Intergalactic Iron Man: Yeah, don't worry though. I'll be fine...
Wasp: Bring me back a sassy little robot that bleeps and bloops and only I can understand!

Intergalactic Iron Man Get Some Souvenirs, 3m

Wasp: No sassy little bleepy bloopy robot?
Intergalactic Iron Man: Sorry. Only some space rocks, and deceptively terrifying aliens...
Wasp: ...
Intergalactic Iron Man: Don't be sad. I can make you a little robot any time you want...
Wasp: That bleeps and bloops?!
Intergalactic Iron Man: I'll make you one that speaks perfect english.
Wasp: It better bloop!
Reward: 5 Energy Crystals

Star Power Pt. 2
Iron Man starts

Black Widow: You find anything in space to help us fight off Ronan and the Chitauri?
Intergalactic Iron Man: No, but I accidentally made Wasp mad, so she might just take them all out by herself.
Black Widow: I'll see if I can find some clues around campus. They have to have some kind of weakness...
Intergalactic Iron Man: My weakness is pretty girls. And electromagnetic pulses. And grilled cheese sandwiches. And people forcibly ripping out my Arc Reactor...
Black Widow: I don't have any.
Intergalactic Iron Man: I knew you'd say that.

Iron Man Do Super-Science, 3m
Wasp Have A Blast! 2m
Black Widow Search For Clues, 1m

Black Widow: I didn't find a secret weakness, but as long as we keep disrupting their force fields, we should be able to take them out.
Intergalactic Iron Man: I'm working on using some of the alternate power sources I found in space to add more power to my repulsors.
Black Widow: I give you a hard time, Tony, but I'm glad you're on our team.
Intergalactic Iron Man: I'll make some #TeamTony shirts.
Black Widow: Just thinking about it makes my skin itch.
Reward: 5 Energy Crystals


Star Power Pt. 3
Iron Man starts

Hank Pym: Tony Stark! I'm unbelievably eager to view how you'll integrate intergalactic energy into your existing repulsor technology!
Intergalactic Iron Man: Thanks, Professor Pym. I'm actually about to test it out at the Blasting Range for the first time. Let's just hope I don't blow myself up...
Hank Pym: Every possible outcome is an exciting new learning opportunity! Science!

Iron Man Activate Space Repulsors, 15m

War Machine: Sweet new repulsors, Tony! Can I get some?
Intergalactic Iron Man: I'd probably have to build you a new suit. Then you'd need a new name...
War Machine: How about Space Machine?
Intergalactic Iron Man: Sounds like one of those vacuum seal bags that makes sweaters fit better in your closet.
War Machine: War Space? Space Warrior? Galaxy Man?
Intergalactic Iron Man: You keep working on the name. I'll work on the suit...
Reward: 5 Energy Crystals


There is also a set of missions to do with the Galactic Pawn Shop tab on the event menu. In the Pawn Shop you can exchange your Energy Crystals for special event items and buildings and these quests are basically to remind/encourage you to buy them as they do drop stuff for the event!

Meteorite
Iron Man starts

Get the Meteorite from the Galactic Pawn Shop! 172 Energy Crystals, 3s
Reward: 5 Energy Crystals

Nova Blaster Arcade
Iron Man starts

Get the Nova Blaster Arcade from the Galactic Pawn Shop! 48 Energy Crystals, 3s
Reward: 5 Energy Crystals


Cassette Deck
Iron Man starts

Get the Cassette Deck from the Galactic Pawn Shop! 193 Energy Crystals, 3s
Reward: 5 Energy Crystals


Good Times Pt. 1
Star-Lord starts

Star-Lord: I heard you're the genius engineer around here. I need your help. I'd usually ask my buddy Rocket, but he's cryogenically sleeping, and when he wakes up, he'll probably want to blow my head off.
Intergalactic Iron Man: Sure, what do you need? A new weapon? Some armor?
Star-Lord: A club.
Intergalactic Iron Man: To dance?
Star-Lord: And play music. And quench thirst. And charm the space ladies.
Intergalactic Iron Man: ...That might not be a good idea.
Star-Lord: You think we should just fight Ronan and the Chitauri the whole time? I guess they are trying to take over the universe...
Intergalactic Iron Man: Oh no, we're building a club. I was just thinking out loud. My first idea was it would be really elegant and sophisticated. Now I'm thinking neon everything...

Get Club Galaxy! 4 x Chitauri Armor (Defeat Chitauri Henchman), 1059 Energy Crystals, 7m 14s

Star-Lord: Nice work, Tony!
Intergalactic Iron Man: The title of my autobiography will be "Steel and Neon".
Star-Lord: Catchy. This place is begging for a party. Looks like every single one of us can fit in here...
Intergalactic Iron Man: Perfect place to celebrate after we beat Ronan.
Star-Lord: Right. Of course. We should definitely do that first...
Reward: 20 Energy Crystals

Good Times Pt. 2
Star-Lord starts

Odin: Greetings, Peter Quill. Are you preparing for battle?
Star-Lord: I'm preparing to get down and funky. Battle after that...
Odin: You remind me of one of my sons.
Star-Lord: Thanks!
Odin: That's not necessarily a compliment.

Star-Lord Dance-Off! 15m

Odin: Are you ready for battle?
Star-Lord: Definitely. I'm feeling really limber. Pretty positive. Just the right amount of sweaty...
Odin: I hope you realize that if Ronan gathers all of those Energy Crystals, it could mean doom for us all...
Star-Lord: Don't sweat it, Odin. I'll be doing the dooming around here...
Reward: 20 Energy Crystals

Fight or Flight
Star-Lord starts


Wasp: How'd you all end up in those escape pods?
Star-Lord: The guy who runs our school was about to do something crazy that would've put us and the rest of the universe in danger. We tried to stop him. Didn't go so good...
Wasp: Should we try to free your friends?
Star-Lord: Not yet. They're probably safer in there, and I hate waking people up from escape pod sleep. Not to mention, me and Rocket didn't end on such good terms...
Wasp: Rocket is one of your rivals?
Star-Lord: No, he's my friend. He just has a really bad temper. And tiny little sharp teeth. And a ridiculously big gun...

Defeat 5 Chitauri Henchman!

Wasp: Why's your friend Rocket so mad at you?
Star-Lord: We came up with this big plan together to save the galaxy, but I made a last second adjustment...
Wasp: You mean you changed the plan behind his back without telling him?
Star-Lord: My plan was better.
Wasp: But it didn't work...
Star-Lord: Yeah, but his would've not worked worse.
Reward: 5 Energy Crystals


Welcome Home Pt. 1
Star-Lord starts

Nick Fury: Keep battling the Chitauri, Quill. You're about the only one here with the appropriate weaponry.
Star-Lord: For sure. First, I'm gonna take a little me time. I've always had dreams about being back on Earth, just strolling around, listening to my tunes...
Nick Fury: My dream is to keep this planet from being conquered by hostile aliens.
Star-Lord: That's awesome, man. Dreams are such a trip...

Star-Lord Go for a Stroll, 3m

Hank Pym: Peter Quill. How are you enjoying life on Earth?!
Star-Lord: It's cool. People are still trying to kill me here, but not as many, so that's nice.
Hank Pym: Life can't be fully appreciated without the ever-present threat of death!
Star-Lord: That's...morbidly positive?
Hank Pym: That's science!
Reward: 5 Energy Crystals

Welcome Home Pt. 2
Star-Lord starts

Wasp: Let's party!
Star-Lord: Don't you wanna focus on Ronan and the Chitauri?
Wasp: Nope!
Star-Lord: Me neither. It just seemed like the right thing to say...

Star-Lord Party with Earthlings, 2m
Wasp Be the Star! 25m
Loki Master the Dance Floor, 2h

Loki: What are your intentions with Bug-Woman, Star-Man?
Star-Lord: Star-Lord.
Loki: Of course. Star-Lord. Are you royalty? I only ask because I know you're not, and I actually am royalty...
Star-Lord: My apologies. I can see now that you're obviously a king...
Loki: Soon enough. I'm the future king of Asgard.
Star-Lord: And reigning king of asshats.
Reward: 5 Energy Crystals




The Star-Lord Challenge!
Star-Lord starts

Check Out the Challenge Tab! (shows that you can win the Star-Lord Bobblehead!)
Defeat 50 Chitauri

Iron Man: Well done!
Reward: 50 Energy Crystals
You can now purchase the Star-Lord Bobblehead for 1 Energy Crystal
 


And that about wraps it up for Week 1! Don't forget to check out the post on Nebula too!

Kou.

No comments:

Post a Comment