Wednesday 15 June 2016

British Invasion Part 2

Good morning, chaps & chapettes,

Part 2 of the British Invasion special event is now live! With it, comes the opportunity to recruit the Black Knight! The second part of the event ends on June 22 at 6 PM EDT.

Collect and turn in 100 Chalices to free the Black Knight from his curse and recruit him to your Academy!


How Do I Fight The Black Knight?

Tap on the Black Knight to pull up the Battle screen. Once you have enough Magic Artifacts, you can select characters for the battle. Press Fight to begin!
Collecting artifacts for the battle works in the same way as the portal from Week 1.


Characters Who Can Get Magic Artifacts

Iron Man, 3h - up to 2 artifacts
Iron Man, 7h - up to 4 artifacts

Black Widow, 4h - up to 3 artifacts
Black Widow, 7h - up to 4 artifacts

Enchantress, 3h - up to 2 artifacts
Enchantress, 4h - up to 3 artifacts


Prize Track


New Store Items

The Sword in the Stone, 100 Credits
Mystical Monument, 650 Shards - Drops 7 Magic Artifacts every 24h
Ancient Pillar, 300 Shards - Drops 3 Magic Artifacts every 24h 
3 Magic Runes, 45 Shards
6 Magic Runes, 70 Shards
9 Magic Runes, 95 Shards


Ancient Wisdom
Iron Man starts

Enchantress: Black Knight's sword is weakened, but remains impervious to magic, and the Starstone is losing its effectiveness...
Iron Man: Maybe I should talk to him. English people love me...
Enchantress: He's American.
Iron Man: Americans. Am I right?
Enchantress: You're all Midgardian to me. We need more powerful artifacts to eliminate the curse, and we need to travel beyond this planet to get them. Loki and I will summon an ancient portal, and you will enter it in search of artifacts.
Iron Man: Is it safe?
Enchantress: It's an interstellar portal made of rocks.

Get an Ancient Portal, 2 x Magic Runes (Mission Board), 1h
Activate the Ancient Portal! 3 x Magic Runes (Mission Board)

N.B. You will need to activate the portal using 3 Magic Runes each time it is used. The portal is open for 1h, during which you can send 2 characters (even though it shows 3 slots...). The missions last longer than 1h, so it is only necessary to start them searching during that time. You cannot open the portal & send characters again until both characters have returned.

Iron Man Search for Magic Artifacts, 3h
Iron Man: That was awesome! Have you ever been to Nidavellir?!
Enchantress: That wretched Dwarven hovel? Of course not...
Iron Man: They're amazing engineers! They made Thor's hammer and Odin's spear and I was helping them with a new weapon called Stormbreaker!
Enchantress: Stormbreaker? Who names these things?
Iron Man: Me and hairy Dwarven dudes!
Enchantress: That figures...
Reward: 20 Credits


Knight Fight!
Wasp starts

Black Knight: Admit defeat, foul demoness! The Black Knight will smite you down, and the Ebony Blade will feed on your powers and eternal soul!
Wasp: I'm totally gonna slap your face so hard...


Learn About Boss Battles


Defeat Black Knight! 22h timer, 310 HP
You can send 3 characters to attack The Black Knight out of Iron Man, Loki, Wasp, Union Jack and Captain Britain. Costs 1 Magic Artifact per character fighting, so if you use 3 at once it costs 3 Magic Artifacts to battle the Black Knight. For those playing during GotG, it works just like fighting Ronan. Awards 20 Chalices for beating him.


Black Knight: You think you've won? As long as the Ebony Blade blazes darkly in my hand, the Black Knight will fight on!
Wasp: I'm not gonna lie, it's a super cool sword for sure...
Reward: 20 Credits




What If I'm Defeated?


Iron Man, Loki, Wasp and Union Jack take 4h 45m to heal whereas Captain Britain takes 9h 45m. You can heal them using Med Packs.

10 x Small Med pack (heals 15%): 15 Shards
5 x Medium Med pack (heals 50%): 45 Shards
5 x Large Med pack (heals 100%): 80 Shards



The Clash
Wasp starts

Union Jack: Be careful. The Black Knight is a crazed warrior with a magical weapon. A single blow from the Ebony Blade could kill you...
Loki: Relax, Flag Man. Everyone in my family is a crazed warrior with a magical weapon...

Defeat Black Knight 2 Times!

Black Knight: I've fought sorcerers like you before. You're formidable from a distance, but you always run away when the fighting gets tough...
Loki: You may have fought sorcerers, but you've never met anyone like Loki.
Reward: 20 Credits


Curses!
Loki starts

Captain Britain: The Ebony Blade was forged by Merlin. Other Arthurian artifacts could hold the key to removing its curse...
Loki: Who is this Merlin?
Captain Britain: A legendary sorceror.
Loki: I'll be the judge of that...

Loki Study Arcane Lore, 3m

Loki: Your Merlin is a magical fraud. He might as well be my father if he was skinny with a pointy hat.
Captain Britain: He gave me my powers. He forged the Ebony Blade. I once saw him single-handedly defeat an ingenious time-travelling conqueror...
Loki: I've done things!
Reward: 20 Credits


The Fabled Blade
Loki starts

Captain Britain: Loki didn't seem very enthused about the idea, but I believe collecting artifacts tired to Merlin might weaken the Ebony Blade, and increase our charges of defeating the Black Knight.
Enchantress: Loki is a jealous little imp who would rather lose his life than admit his inferiority.
Captain Britain: I can give you the location of the legendary Sword in the Stone located in Otherworld. It's imbued with more of Merlin's magic than any other artifact.
Enchantress: We once found Loki in Odin's throne room with a hammer in his hand and a steel cooking pot on his head. He was jumping up and down saying "I'm the god of thunder!" while making lightning noises.
Captain Britain: Can we please go retrieve the sword in the stone? It's critically important, and may be our punky chance of beating the Black Knight...
Enchantress: Nothing is more important than humiliating Loki...

Get The Sword in the Stone, 100 Credits

Enchantress: What is it with you men having to prove your worth by picking up heavy things?
Captain Britain: I'm secure in my masculinity.
Enchantress: Perhaps, but you still aren't strong enough to pull the sword from the stone...
Captain Britain: I'll show you!
Reward: 20 Credits


The Dark of Knight
Loki starts

Black Knight: Flee while you still can, foul pixie. It's time to finish this battle...
Wasp: AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
Black Knight: ...
Wasp: I've totally been working on my war cry! 

Defeat Black Knight 4 Times!

Loki: We work surprisingly well together...
Wasp: Our relationship is super complicated!
Loki: Not exactly. I just find you annoying and frequently terrifying, yet periodically useful.
Wasp: You be the good cop! I'll be the bad cop!
Loki: What's a cop?
Wasp: You better start giving me something solid or I'll drag you to the slammer!
Reward: 20 Credits


Knightfall
Wasp starts

Union Jack: It's over, Black Knight. The Starstone and Runes have drained your power. The sword's hold over you is weakening. Fight it, and you can finally be free...
Black Knight: Or I can just fight you, and be free of your prattling...
Union Jack: We've tried reason and magic. Let's see if we can beat that curse out of you for good...

Defeat Black Knight again to Recruit Him! 

Black Knight: Where am I?
Wasp: Avengers Academy! You look a little less scary! Are you back to normal?
Black Knight: I guess so. What happened?
Wasp: Your magic sword cursed you, and made you power crazy! You kidnapped two of England's strongest heroes, and threatened to kill the Avengers! I posted a pic of my lunch, and only three people liked it! I'm trying not to let it bother me!
Black Knight: Am I welcome here?
Wasp: For sure! Avengers Academy is full of crazy people!


Reward: 20 Credits


Avenger's Best Friend
Wasp starts

Wasp: Oh my goooooooooooosh! You're so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!
British Bulldog: ...
Wasp: When I ordered a British Bulldog, I totally didn't know he'd come with a crown and everything!
British Bulldog: ...
Wasp: I figure since the Ebony Blade was made in England, having more English things around might distract it! Are you ready for battle, boy?!
British Bulldog: ...
Wasp: Avengers Assemble!
British Bulldog: Woof! 

Get the British Bulldog! 15 Chalices

Union Jack: This is literally the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen...
British Bulldog: Woof.
Union Jack: No offense, mate.
Reward: 20 Credits 


Whispers with Dogs
Wasp starts

Nick Fury: I like you, dog. I can tell you've seen some things.
British Bulldog: ...
Nick Fury: I like Cosmo too, but he creeps me out. Nothing against Russians, I just don't like telepaths talking in my head. You know what I mean?
British Bulldog: ...
Nick Fury: How'd you like to be our new mascot? I'll have some students spread the word, and see if having a dog with a crown around helps with recruiting.
British Bulldog: ...
Nick Fury: While they're doing that, I'll tell you the whole history of Avengers Academy. Why I built it here. What caused the timefog. What I'm hiding in the underground vaults. Everything. It'll feel good to finally get all that off my chest...
British Bulldog: Woof.

Iron Man Do Super-Science, 3m
Wasp Create a Buzz, 3m
Falcon Blast Off! 1m

Hawkeye: Hey, buddy. You like pizza?
British Bulldog: Woof.
Hawkeye: You're right. Dumb question. Everybody likes pizza.
British Bulldog: Woof.
Hawkeye: If Fury's allowing pets now, I might have to finally join. You and my dog Lucky can run around and poop on the lawn. Seems like everybody here only walks on the sidewalks anyway...
British Bulldog: Woof! Woof!
Hawkeye: I'm excited too, but I can't come here until I train a new Hawkeye to protect the neighborhood...
Reward: 20 Credits


Speak the Truth
Loki starts

Union Jack: I did some snooping around, and discovered that there's an ancient artifact called the Brazier of Truth hidden somewhere in Garrett Castle...
Loki: And this Brazier of Truth is actually a cauldron of lies?!
Union Jack: No. It's how previous Black Knights have cleansed the Ebony Blade to temporarily remove its curse.
Loki: Why would you think I'd want that?
Union Jack: It's not a present. It's a way to ensure that the Black Knight will never again succumb to the curse. It won't only protect him and the Academy, but the entire world.
Loki: Fine. I have been complaining about the lack of magical decor...

Get the Brazier of Truth!

Loki: Placing the Ebony Blade in this magical fire pit temporarily removes all lies and evil intent?
Union Jack: Maybe we should put you in there...
Loki: There isn't enough fire in all of Midgard...
Reward: 20 Credits


Hunky-Dory
Loki starts


Black Knight: Thanks again for breaking the curse, Loki. I'm sure I can control the Ebony Blade now...
Loki: Do you honestly believe it's a good idea to keep using that sword?
Black Knight: I need my sword and my trusty steed to protect Camelot.
Loki: You do realize that this isn't a medieval castle?
Black Knight: Stand aside, miniature wizard! I must protect my kingdom!
Loki: I liked you better when you were evil.

Loki Wield Sorcery, 1m
Black Knight Gallop Onward! 15m

Loki: What are you looking at?
British Bulldog: Grrrrr...
Loki: You actually know, don't you? You're probably the smartest one here. Although that's saying much...
British Bulldog: Grrrrr...
Loki: Anyone who thought I was going to help construct a magic portal without getting something in return clearly hasn't been paying attention. Some of these artifacts aren't quite what they seem to be...
British Bulldog: Woof?
Loki: Believe it or not, my intentions are relatively pure. I'm more interested in revealing Fury's secrets and lies than perpetuating my own, and these artifacts may be the key.
British Bulldog: Woof!
Loki: Follow me, wrinkly beast. I've always secretly wished for my own sidekick...
Reward: 20 Credits


What do you think of part 2 of the British Invasion? Are you looking forward to getting the Black Knight? Thoughts on the event overall?

Kou.

No comments:

Post a Comment