Sunday 5 June 2016

Civil War Character Profile: Winter Soldier

Thought it'd be nice to keep the main weekly posts tidy and put the character upgrades and personal missions on a separate page! Let me know what you think... This is the page for a character who you can unlock in the last week of the Civil War event... Winter Soldier!
Kou. 


The Cold Soldier Pt. 1
Iron Man starts

Captain America: Do you remember me now, Bucky?
Winter Soldier: Steve...I haven't seen you for so long...
Captain America: It's okay, Bucky. We have plenty of time to catch up.
Winter Soldier: I think I'd like that. I think I wrote a lot of songs about it...
Captain America: I can't wait to hear 'em... 

Recruit Winter Soldier! (Get him from the Civil Warehouse!)



Winter Soldier: I wanted to introduce myself...
Iron Widow: I've had five weeks to learn who you are.
Winter Soldier: I wrote a song for you...
Iron Widow: That's weird...
Winter Soldier: Do you want to hear it?
Iron Widow: I'm busy...
Winter Soldier: I can wait. We've got all the time in the world...
Reward: 20 Vibranium

Now you can get your 200 Shards if you also bought Wonder Man, Spider-Man & Sif!


The Cold Soldier Pt. 2
Winter Soldier starts

Nick Fury: Cap vouches for you, and I appreciate everything you've done for our country, but I'm letting you know if you snap back into Hydra mode this will not end well...
Winter Soldier: The future is a shadowy thing, and the present is just more shadows we aren't allowed to open.
Nick Fury: That's deep.
Winter Soldier: Thanks. It's the opening to my new song.
Nick Fury: I was being sarcastic. Go train at the Blasting Range.

Winter Soldier Fire At Will, 6h

Pepper Potts: We're so happy to have you at Avengers Academy! Should I call you Bucky or Winter Soldier?
Winter Soldier: Winter Soldier is my stage name now.
Pepper Potts: Great, well let me know if I can do anything to help you transition any easier.
Winter Soldier: I like your hair, but I'm in love with Black Widow.
Pepper Potts: Okay. Good luck with that...
Reward: 20 Vibranium

The Cold Soldier Pt. 3
Winter Soldier starts

Winter Soldier: I'm about to sing the song I wrote for you.
Iron Widow: I'm about to search for clues to Fury's secrets hidden at the Academy.
Winter Soldier: We're all searching for something, but some things can't be searched... 
Iron Widow: Is that a lyric in the song?
Winter Soldier: That's the hook.
Iron Widow: Then I'll definitely be busy searching for clues... 

Winter Soldier Bare Your Soul, 30m
Black Widow Search for Clues, 1m

Winter Soldier: I don't think Black Widow likes me...
Captain America: She's tough...
Winter Soldier: Tougher than you?
Captain America: Pretty much.
Winter Soldier: Maybe I should stick with the songs about sadness and despair...
Captain America: The Charleston goes with anything!
Reward: 20 Vibranium 


Thawed Out Pt. 1
Winter Soldier starts

Wasp: Winter Soldier! I totally love your eyeliner!
Winter Soldier: It's not eyeliner. It's natural.
Wasp: ...
Winter Soldier: ...
Wasp: Let's dance so it's not awkward!

Wasp It's Not Awkward! 3h, requires Winter Soldier

Winter Soldier: Are you friends with Black Widow?
Wasp: I'm friends with everyone!
Winter Soldier: Do you think she likes me?
Wasp: You totally like Black Widow!
Winter Soldier: My memory isn't that good, but I feel like I know her...
Wasp: I know! She's so mysterious!
Reward: 20 Vibranium


Thawed Out Pt. 2
Winter Soldier starts

Captain America: You wanna hang out like old times? I thought we might play some baseball or football...
Winter Soldier: Football is better. More pain.
Captain America: Perfect! We'll play catch.
Winter Soldier I should probably play by myself first. Just to make sure it doesn't trigger some hidden brain thing that makes me want to tear your head off...

Upgrade Winter Soldier! 30 Battle Gear, 30 Long-Range Communicators, 30 Red Hydra Tokens, 4 Studded Belts (Defeat Red Skull), 2104 Vibranium
Winter Soldier Show Off Your Arm, 1m


Reward: 20 Vibranium
 

Winter Soldier's Actions

Show Off Your Arm, 1m, Quad
Remember The Good Times, 3m, Club A
Bare Your Soul, 30m, Quad
Fire At Will, 6h, The Blasting Range
Be Alone - Winter Soldier Rank 5
Feel Something Real - Winter Soldier Rank 2
Hit The Old Course, Cap's Obstacle Course
Keep Warm - Winter Soldier Rank 3
Look At What You've Done - Winter Soldier Rank 2
Read In Peace - Winter Soldier Rank 3
Retrieve Your Memories - Winter Soldier Rank 4
Talk About Old Time - Winter Soldier Rank 4

Winter Soldier's Phrases

Who cares?
What would Cap do?
I forgot what I was doing.
Alright.
My band's playing tonight.
Don't judge me.
It's better than going to class.
Cool.
Being a hero is overrated.
I don't follow orders anymore.

7 comments:

  1. I only got the winter soldier to level 3 before the event ended, anyone know if he's locked at 3 now or will I be able to upgrade him in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will be upgradeable later on, but it is currently unclear whether this will be in around a month, like for Black Panther & the other non-premiums, or whether we'll have to wait until his freemium release.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've unlocked winter soldier to rank 5, all actions are unlocked but "Hit The Old Course, Cap's Obstacle Course". Why?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you placed the Obstacle Course from your inventory?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. And it's still locked. Could I forget to unlock something, or it's a bug?

      Delete
    2. I'm thinking they may add the action when they update the mission board to include the new civil war characters. Have messaged them in the meantime.

      Delete