Saturday 16 July 2016

Spider-Man Special Event: Episode 4

Hey there, Spider-Men!

Episode 4 is live and with it comes the chance to recruit Doc Ock and the Green Goblin! To begin the fourth episode of the event, players must recruit Mary Jane and complete the quest "Spider vs. Octopus!" by defeating Doctor Octopus at least 3 times. Also don't forget that Act 1 ends on 21 July 11pm BST.


 
EPISODE 4 PRIZES:

Mary Jane's Photo Booth (Unlock Doc Ock), 3826 Oscoins
Sky-Cycle, 7652 Oscoins
Goblin Glider, 11478 Oscoins
Goblin Gargoyle, 15304 Oscoins
15 Green Goblin Tokens (Collect all 4 prizes)


NEW ITEMS IN THE SHOP

Battle Kit (3 x Goblin Cure, 4 x Spider-Dart), 60 Shards
Battle Pack (10 x Goblin Cure, 12 x Spider-Dart), 145 Shards
 

Let's take a look through the new quests!

Agree to Disagree
Spider-Man starts

Spider-Man: Let's free Doc Ock, and get him into the Academy!
Wasp: Do we have to?
Spider-Man: Everyone deserves a second chance. Besides, he's just really arrogant. And judgmental. And jerky. But he's really smart and powerful, and he's pretty cool for an arrogant, judgmental jerk.
Wasp: He's like Loki with worse clothes. At least he probably won't hog the dance floor...
Spider-Man: Doc Ock is a dancing machine!

Invite Doctor Octopus! 


Doctor Octopus: Give me one reason why I should join this pathetic institution...
Spider-Man: It's a chance to repair your reputation.
Doctor Octopus: I don't care what people think about me.
Spider-Man: You can help us save the world.
Doctor Octopus: The world is stupid.
Spider-Man: If you don't join Avengers Academy, everyone will think it's because you're afraid to match wits with Iron Man, Hank Pym, and the rest of these awesome super-scientists.
Doctor Octopus: Doctor Octopus is a superior genius!
Reward: 20 Oscoins


Give Him a Hand!
Iron Man starts

Iron Man: I heard you wanted me to teach you a thing or two about science...
Doctor Octopus: There is literally nothing that I don't already understand about the sciences.
Iron Man: Science bros!
Doctor Octopus: If you're implying that our shared interest in science somehow makes us siblings, you are absolutely deranged. If we were a science family, I would obviously be the father, and you would clearly be a child.
Iron Man: I bet me and my dad would've got along a lot better if he had metal tentacles and a bowl cut...



Recruit Doctor Octopus!
- Collect 10 Doctor Octopus Tokens (Get from battling Green Goblin)
- Collect 30 Octobots (Crime Scene Investigations)
- Collect 30 Pocket Protectors (Special Event Missions)
- 7098 Oscoins 


Doctor Octopus: Point me to the nearest laboratory.
Iron Man: You can use Stark Tower. Best lab on the planet.
Doctor Octopus: Point me to the nearest laboratory that doesn't reek of cheese and hot tub chemicals.
Iron Man: Science rivals!
Doctor Octopus: What is wrong with you?
Iron Man: If being Tony Stark is wrong, I don't wanna be right...
Reward: 20 Oscoins 

 


What a Bargain!
Spider-Man starts

Spider-Man: If I get some more supplies, I can improve everybody's gear to finally take down Oscorp. Where's the nearest Bargain Bin?
Iron Man: Tell me you're not being serious right now...
Spider-Man: Not everybody was born a billionaire. I've made some pretty amazing things from stuff I found at discount electronic stores. Even stuff I found in dumpsters...
Iron Man: Whatever happened to my fancy little super-scientist son...

Get Spider-Man's Bargain Bin! 3m, 1155 Oscoins



Spider-Man: This place is great! I'm already getting so many ideas for inventions from these bins of electronics!
Iron Man: If you wanna invent a mountain of junk, you're already halfway there.
Spider-Man: I'm gonna show you that I can make something cool out of this stuff...
Iron Man: I'm gonna leave before anyone sees me here.
Reward: 20 Oscoins 


Bonus Bin!
Spider-Man starts

Spider-Man: They're getting more electronics bins at the Bargain Bin building!
Wasp: That's so awesome!
Spider-Man: It's cool that we're both so excited about it!
Wasp: I didn't listen to anything you said! I just totally love being excited about things!

Get Another Electronics Bin! 2475 Oscoins




Spider-Man: These new bins should help us figure out what Oscorp is hiding.
Wasp: Whatever they're hiding, I hope it's under a cardboard box. Black Widow hides under one sometimes, and it always makes me snort laugh!

Reward: 20 Oscoins 


How've You Bin?!
Spider-Man starts


Spider-Man: This last electronics bin should give us everything we need to take down the Green Goblin.
Black Cat: I should probably leave so that nothing bad happens to you while you're looking through these bins...
Spider-Man: Because you're bad luck?
Black Cat: Because if you find anything good, I'll have to knock you out, and take it.
Spider-Man: Why?
Black Cat: Two things I can't resist are a good bargain, and punching boys in the face.

Add the last Electronics Bin! 3300 Oscoins



Black Cat: Do you have everything you need now to save the day?
Spider-Man: As long as you didn't steal all of my other stuff while I was looking through these bins...
Black Cat: ...
Spider-Man: Seriously?! I bet Captain America never has to deal with stuff like this...
Reward: 20 Oscoins


Mission Upgradable
Spider-Man starts

Spider-Man: This is it. After this next investigation, we should know exactly what Oscorp has been hiding...
Mary Jane: Then what?
Spider-Man: Then we...shoot webs at things, and probably do some flips.
Mary Jane: That's your plan for everything, isn't it?
Spider-Man: It always works almost half the time...

Complete an Ultimate Sky-Cycle Mission! 1m 15s

Spider-Man: Green Goblin!
Green Goblin: Hello, Spider-Man. I figured if everyone else is playing dress-up, why not the Goblin King of Halloween?!
Spider-Man: I know Oscorp has been experimenting on Symbiotes. We have to send them back through your portals before they take over the planet.
Green Goblin: Silly Spider. The only thing the Green Goblin has to do is stay fabulous, and throw explosive pumpkins.
Spider-Man: I also know about your Octobot Cannon at Oscorp Labs. We can talk this out. It doesn't have to get crazy...
Green Goblin: Trick or treat!
Spider-Man: Crazier...


Reward: 20 Oscoins


Go Green!
Spider-Man starts

Spider-Man: What are you doing with the imprisoned Symbiotes?
Green Goblin: Testing them. Dominating them. Using them to make myself more powerful. The same thing I do with everyone.
Spider-Man: Those things are strong enough to take over the planet...
Green Goblin: So am I.

Defeat level 1 Green Goblin! 2 x 50 HP Guards + Green Goblin 125 HP   (24h timer)

 
Take out Green Goblin by defeating his Goblinbots. Defeat each one by selecting  your heroes, supplying them with Goblin Cures and Spider-Darts, and using them to fight him! He must be defeated before his Goblinbots return. If you don't defeat Green Goblin before the Goblinbots return (after 6h), you will have to take them out again before you can continue fighting Green Goblin.

Requires 1 x Goblin Cure & 2 x Spider-Dart to attack, plus another Cure & Dart for each successive hero added to the fight. 
So if you have 3 heroes attacking, you require 3 x Goblin Cure & 4 x Spider-Dart. 

Goblin Cure requirements: Doc Ock, The Lizard Tessst Chemicalsss (6h), Mary Jane Research Goblin Crimes (6h), Spider-Ham Dig for the Cure (4h), Spider-Man Study Lab Results (6h) & Wasp Study Split Personalities (6h). Doc Ock and The Lizard drop 2 per action!

Spider-Dart requirements: Craft 3 at a time in Spider-Man's Workshop - 4 x EMP Devices (Get from Spider-Man's Bargain Bin) + 10 Oscorp Intel (CSI)

Symbiote Spider-Man (250 ATK), Spider-Ham (200 ATK), Black Cat (100 ATK), Mary Jane (100 ATK), Reporter Wasp (100 ATK) Fight Goblinbots! (1m) and Fight Green Goblin! (1m)

N.B. 1h cooldown before the next streak!


Green Goblin: You'll have to do better than that, little Spider. Pain is like sweet candy to the Green Goblin!
Spider-Man: Why do I have to have the weirdest rogues gallery?
Reward: 20 Oscoins




GREEN GOBLIN STREAK PRIZES


Streak 1: 1 Doctor Octopus Token, 9 Spider-Man Tokens, 2 Green Goblin Tokens
Streak 2: 3 Doctor Octopus Tokens, 10 Spider-Man Tokens, 3 Green Goblin Tokens, 9 Precious Jewels
Streak 3: 6 Doctor Octopus Tokens, 11 Spider-Man Tokens, 4 Green Goblin Tokens
Streak 4: 12 Spider-Man Tokens, 6 Green Goblin Tokens, 18 Precious Jewels
Streak 5: 13 Spider-Man Tokens, 9 Green Goblin Tokens
Streak 6: 14 Spider-Man Tokens, 12 Green Goblin Tokens, 24 Precious Jewels, 75 Shards
Streak 7: 15 Spider-Man Tokens, 16 Green Goblin Tokens 


Trick or Treat!
Spider-Man starts

Mary Jane: I've been waiting for payback ever since you tried to kidnap me on the George Washington Bridge...
Green Goblin: Hmmm. I've kidnapped so many redheads. Are you a telepath?
Mary Jane: No.
Green Goblin: Blind lawyer?
Mary Jane: No.
Green Goblin: Part squirrel?
Mary Jane: No.
Green Goblin: Apparently, you aren't very memorable. Who are you?
Mary Jane: The girl who's gonna rip that smile off your face...

Defeat level 2 Green Goblin! 3 x 50 HP Guards + Green Goblin 150 HP   (24h timer)

Mary Jane: Tell us how to send the Symbiotes back through the portals...
Green Goblin: Are you absolutely positive that you aren't part squirrel?
Mary Jane: Keep playing games. I'll just keep smacking you around...
Reward: 20 Oscoins


Sinister Showdown!
Spider-Man starts


Green Goblin: Doctor Octopus! You're finally here to help defend Oscorp, and complete our Symbiote experiments!
Doctor Octopus: I'm here to watch your penultimate failure, you maniacal elf. And I'm strongly considering removing your head for tampering with my Octobots.
Green Goblin: Don't you want to finish our Symbiote power experiments?
Doctor Octopus: After you're defeated, I'll conduct my own experiments. I will finally be able to work more efficiently without your ceaseless distractions...

Defeat level 3 Green Goblin!


Green Goblin: You need me to control the Symbiotes, Octavius. They listen to me...
Doctor Octopus: They've attempted to swallow you whole on more than one occasion.
Green Goblin: That's how you know they like you.
Doctor Octopus: Please shut up because I hate you.
Reward: 20 Oscoins


Get the Goblin! (After recruiting Green Goblin)
Green Goblin starts

Black Cat: Do Goblins have nine lives? I always forget...
Green Goblin: We should be partners. Goblins, pumpkins, and black cats. Halloween can come early to Avengers Academy...
Black Cat: Your special Octobots are almost destroyed. You can't take much more of a beating. Spider-Man is figuring out how to free the Symbiotes, and send them back to their home planet. You're done.
Green Goblin: Not if I was working with a skilled thief who could get our hands on Nick Fury's hidden power at the Academy...
Black Cat: I almost always work alone, Goblin. And I never work with losers...

Defeat level 4 Green Goblin!

Black Cat: Green Goblin is pretty much finished. I think he's even reverting back to his Norman Osborn persona...
Spider-Man: For now. Hopefully he stays that way. Crazy as it sounds, he'd be a really good teammate if he could quit turning into a murderous weirdo.
Black Cat: Did you figure out how to send the Symbiotes back through the Oscorp portals?
Spider-Man: I think so. I just have to set all of the portals to the right coordinates, get all the cells in the same room, lock it down, shut down power to the cells, and wait for the Symbiotes to get sucked back to their home planet.
Black Cat: Isn't that dangerous?
Spider-Man: Oh yeah. If it doesn't work, they'll probably escape, and take over the whole planet...
Reward: 20 Oscoins 



How are you finding Episode 4 so far? Looking forward to recruiting Doc Ock and the Green Goblin?

Kou.

No comments:

Post a Comment